Looking for SEO Auckland? Some of New Zealand’s Largest Companies Trust Us to Advise Them
SEO is the process of ranking a website organically, in the search results. SEO is also known as Search Engine Optimisation and includes link building, content and on-page and off-page optimisation.
There are many affordable SEO agencies in Auckland that can service your website.
Looking for an affordable SEO company in Auckland to help with your digital marketing?
Finding a reliable and trusted agency can be time-consuming, frustrating, and expensive if you get it wrong. At Search Republic, we have years of experience optimising businesses to appear high in Google and Bing search results. Clients consider us experts at local optimisation, and our results speak for themselves. Below is a comprehensive guide to help optimise your websites so they deliver more traffic, leads and conversions.
Do you make these common mistakes?
- You don't have enough unique content on each page. The content must answer the user's query which is the purpose of the page
- Do your title tags clearly explain what the page is about. Ideally, include the main keywords (one that best describes the purpose of the page and is frequently searched) within the Meta title tag.
- Do you have enough third-party websites linking to your website? Ideally, these sites should be related to your industry and authoritative.
What to look for when hiring a search engine optimisation company
Choosing an agency based close to you is beneficial in several ways:
- You can meet with them at their offices to check they're a legitimate company
- Communication is generally faster and easier
- Logistics are easier. It can save hours of wasted time if your supplier can visit your premises to discuss technical issues with developers
- The company should know the market, the industry environment, and what your competitors are doing
- Check their social media accounts - are they active, real and are publishing quality content?
- Ask them about their management processes and how they'll run your account
What type of service do you need?
You don't necessarily need a company based in Auckland. A lot of the technical work can be done anywhere. Below is a list of common optimisation strategies used to increase your website's organic rankings and traffic when undertaking search engine marketing - A world leading marketing agency worth their weight in gold, should offer these types of services.
- On-page optimisation - checking that the appropriate elements on each page are optimised
- Keyword theming and research - ensuring each page targets keywords that deliver traffic, conversions and answers the users search query
- Content optimisation - Google loves quality content, and therefore it's important your site has unique, targeted content that answers the questions visitors are searching for
- Local citations - Also known as NAP (name, address and phone number), these are mentions on the internet of your company's contact details
- Local and regional links - links from local websites and New Zealand websites
- Working with your web designers - to ensure the website design has no technical issues
How much does search engine optimization cost? Can cheap providers deliver quality work?
The price of SEO varies. It depends on the experience of the supplier, where they're located and what type of work they undertake for you. Below is a breakdown of the various costs associated with on-page and off-page optimisation.
Local SEO can be time-consuming. It generally involves on-page optimisation and a full website audit of existing online citations. This is where the name, address and phone number (NAP) is mentioned on various websites. They must all be uniform across on all online citations - for example on business directory listings. Depending on how many local business directory listings you are listed on, the cost can range from $500 up to $5,000. Again, it depends on the provider. Bigger agencies will often charge more, whilst experienced, but small, one-man-band agencies can start at $500. Local optimisation is growing in popularity as Google continues to improve the quality of the local search results. Our experts can help your business rank in the local business listing pack in the search results, which usually leads to significant increases in traffic, calls and leads. It's well worth the investment in our view!
On-page optimisation is the process of tweaking on-page elements on your website's pages to help search engines understand what the content is about. For your business to rank high in the search results, Google must determine that the content on your web page is the most relevant to a user's search query. To do this, Google and other search engines look at a combination of on-page elements to give it signals of the pages' topic and relevance. Some of these include page titles, page headings, the names of images (known as ALT tags), web page copy and keywords usage. The cost of on-page optimisation is generally more than local SEO because it's more complicated. A typical on-page audit will vary in price and range from $500 up to $10,000+ for more complicated reviews. E-commerce sites and websites with hundreds of thousands of pages generally cost more for obvious reasons. It's important that if your website has lost traffic or is large, that you engage with an expert who is experienced optimising large websites. A mistake can cost your business hundreds of thousands of dollars! If you already use a digital marketing agency, grill them on their knowledge of search engine marketing.
Off-page search engine optimisation (link building)
Off-page optimisation is the process of building quality backlinks to a website - or removing them in the case of a penalty. There are hundreds of different ways backlinks can be built, however, the most important aspect to link building is ensuring they're natural, and from reputable, relevant websites. In April 2012, Google released an algorithm update called Penguin that identified and punished websites that were trying to manipulate the search results by building questionable links. These link building tactics and generally automated and cheap to buy. They can sometimes help increase your rankings but is a short-term strategy. Eventually, Googles algorithms will identify low-quality backlinks pointing to your site, and remove it from the search results.
Legitimate link building is the process of earning high-quality links back to your website. The more authoritative and relevant the site linking back, the more value it has. It's important to ask the company you're working with, exactly how they build backlinks. Below is a few examples of how our specialists at Search Republic build backlinks for our clients:
- Local citations - links from quality business, or industry relevant directories
- Finding broken links on linking partner sites, or error pages on the client's site
- Backlinks from the client's partners, suppliers or customers
- Unlinked mentions. This is the where the clients business or website is mentioned on a website but doesn't link back to the client's site
- Unlinked logos or use of client photos
- Creating and publishing amazing, unique, shareable, quality content on the client's website
- Online reputation management and leveraging social media marketing to amplify link bait content
- Work with your web developers to interlink to priority pages within the site to build authority
These are only a few of the forms of link building activity we undertake. The first step in our link building process is to assess the situation on a client's site. We evaluate the current backlinks, where the site ranks in the search engines and the type of backlinks linking to competitors and other top ranking websites. Link building is believed to account for 60% of what helps websites rank. A website could have the best content in the world, but without quality backlinks, it will never receive any traffic.
Comparing New Zealand providers - How to find a company that knows what they're doing
When it comes to choosing a company to start work on your website, it's important you undertake due diligence before hiring them. Visit their website to check their physical location, are their offices based in New Zealand? Navigate to the website - does it look professional? Do they provide detailed information about their optimisation process and past results? They should. A good company will list testimonials of NZ customers. Do they have an active blog? Are they thought leaders in search engine optimisation? Do they write articles that provide useful insights that are relevant to New Zealand businesses, and explain this in basic terms?
Once you confirm they have a good online presence, search for online testimonials or reviews from their SEO clients. Although these can be easily purchased from India or developing countries, review each comment to ensure its authenticity. Does a local company based in Auckland have 50 five star reviews, all placed within days of each other? This is suspicious - it's highly unlikely that a company will have this many reviews, and it's very unlikely reviews will be placed around the same time. If you see this, remove this company from you consideration immediately!
Once you're comfortable a service provider is legitimate, ask to interview them over the phone, Skype or meet in person. If you can, meet at their premises so you can ascertain how big they are, and confirm they're not working from their mother's basement! You're putting the health and reputation of your business in this person's hands. SEO performed poorly (also known as Blackhat ), or against search engine terms and conditions, can cause penalties and a significant drop in website traffic. It can take months or even years to recover from bad optimisation. Don't take the risk! When you meet with them, ask the following questions:
Questions to ask a company offering SEO in New Zealand:
- How long have you been practising for?
- Can you name some of your current and past clients?
- Can you explain what Panda and Penguin are?
- Can you walk me through your optimisation process?
- What are the key KPI's of a campaign?
- When can I expect to see results?
- Can you guarantee #1 position for generic terms if we were to choose you as our provider?
- How do you build backlinks?
- What are the top 3 things you look at before optimising a website for SEO?
- Are you more a website developer or an SEO agency?
- Can you talk me through how management was used in conjunction with active search engine optimization techniques for a few clients and where the websites ranked?
Searching for an optimisation specialist
If you can’t find a company located in the vicinity of your business, consider looking at an Auckland based SEO company. Due to the size, and concentration of businesses, Auckland has New Zealand's' largest number of agencies. With today’s modern technology, interviews and meetings can be held over Skype or phone, but we highly recommend meeting with agencies in person. Visit their offices and talk with the people who are going to undertake the optimisation.
The Central Auckland Business District is about 30-45 minutes’ drive from the domestic airport - depending on traffic. Either fly in early, or after 9 AM to avoid the traffic. Transport options vary from a bus that terminates in the CBD, rental car companies and taxis. If you're organised, you could meet with three to four different companies, and be back in time for a 6 PM flight. If you don't feel like driving around, consider booking a meeting room at a shared business centre, and ask each agency to come to you. They're trying to win your business and shouldn't have a problem accommodating your request.
Should you invest in SEO, or focus on other marketing activity?
There is no right or wrong answer here. It really depends on your industry, and your current SEO and marketing situation. You may find it's more cost-effective, scalable and profitable to focus your effort and money on Google Adwords and other paid search traffic sources or PR. A good company will tell you this. Search engine optimisation can be a great strategy; not only for driving leads and sales but for raising awareness of your brand. This can be achieved through a well-researched and executed content marketing strategy. The key is to assess the market potential and to understand how much investment is needed to see results. A new website will require more investment and time to see the returns, whereas an aged website with lots of content could see a significant increase in traffic and conversion if optimisation was performed. Consider the following before making a decision:
- How old is your website?- If it's new, more investment is required
- Have you had negative results with social media marketing? Do you need help with online reputation management because you have bad reviews in Googles search results?
- How much knowledge does your web designers have?
- How competitive is your industry? - An industry which is highly competitive will require higher levels of investment
- How much organic traffic does your site currently receive?- If your site already receives a reasonable amount of organic traffic, website optimisation will probably help increase visit and conversion numbers further
- Do you need results immediately?- SEO takes time. Expect to invest for a minimum of three to six months minimum before seeing results
- Do you have sufficient budgets to invest?- You pay for what you get. Don't buy cheap services. Only use Whitehat, reputable providers
- Are you investing in paid search? - Google Adwords is a great source to identify what keywords to optimise your website toward to help it rank in googles search results and local search pack
- Has a previous digital marketing agency undertaken a website audit for your site? Were they a world leading search engine optimisation agency or just a website design company or web developer?
About Search Republics - Why should you trust us with your SEO?
With years of experience in the team, we have the expertise to help any website improve their organic rankings. We've have owned and optimised over 3,500 websites, each generating millions in online revenue. We can help any website, regardless of the industry, to improve its search engine rankings in Googles search results.
We hope you enjoyed reading our guide. Contact our search engine marketing team using the form below for a no obligation chat to learn how to improve your online presence using a sound online marketing strategy that won't violate Google's algorithms. If you want to rank for keywords related to your product or service, use the form below to organise a chat. We're one of the leading companies offering SEO in Auckland.