Auckland search engine optimisation services
Looking for an affordable SEO company in Auckland?
Finding a reliable and trusted SEO agency can be time consuming, frustrating, and expensive if you get it wrong. At Search Republic, we have years of experience optimising Auckland based businesses to appear high in Google and Bing search results. Clients consider us experts at local SEO optimisation, and our results speak for themselves.
What to look for when hiring an Auckland SEO company
If your business is located in Auckland, hiring an Auckland SEO agency is a great start. Choosing an agency based close to you is beneficial in several ways:
- You can meet with them at their offices to check they're a legitimate company
- Communication is generally faster and easier
- Logistics are easier. It can save hours of wasted time if your SEO expert can visit your premise to discuss technical issues with developers
- The SEO company should know the market, the industry environment, and what your competitors are doing
What type of SEO service do you need?
You don't necessarily need an SEO company based in Auckland. A lot of the technical work can be done anywhere. Below is a list of common optimisation strategies used to increase your website's organic rankings and traffic:
- On-page optimisation - checking that the appropriate elements on each page are optimised
- Keyword theming and research - ensuring each page targets keywords that deliver traffic, conversions and answers the users search query
- Content optimisation - Google loves quality content, and therefore it's important your site has unique, targeted content that answers the questions visitors are searching for
- Local citations - Also known as NAP (name, address and phone number), these are mentions on the internet of your company's contact details
- Local and regional links - links from local websites and New Zealand websites
How much does search engine optimisation cost? Can cheap SEO providers deliver quality work?
The price for SEO varies. It depends on the experience of the supplier, where they're located and what type of work they undertake for you. Below is a breakdown of the various costs associated with on-page, off-page optimisation and local SEO.
Local (Auckland) SEO optimisation
Local SEO can be time consuming. It generally involves on-page optimisation and a full audit of existing online citations. This is where the name, address and phone number (NAP) is mentioned on various websites. They must all be uniform across on all online citations - for example on business directory listings. Depending on how many local business directory listings you are listed on, the cost can range from $500 up to $5,000. Again, it depends on the SEO provider, Auckland based, or anywhere in New Zealand. Bigger agencies will often charge more, whilst experienced, but small, one-man-band agencies can start at $500. Local SEO is growing in popularity as Google continues to improve the quality of the local search results. Our Auckland SEO experts can help your business rank in the local business listing pack in the search results, which usually leads to significant increases in traffic, calls and leads. It's well worth the investment in our view!
On-page SEO optimisation
On-page optimisation is the process of tweaking on-page elements on your websites pages to help search engines understand what the content is about. For your business to rank high in the search results, Google must determine that the content on your webpage is the most relevant to a user's search query. To do this, Google and other search engines look at a combination of on-page elements to give it signals of the pages' topic and relevance. Some of these include page titles, page headings, the names of images (known as ALT tags), webpage copy and keywords usage. The cost for on-page optimisation is generally more than local SEO because it's more complicated. A typical on-page SEO audit will vary in price and range from $500 up to $10,000+ for more complicated reviews. Ecommerce sites and websites with hundreds of thousands of pages generally cost more for obvious reasons. It's important that if your website has lost traffic or is large, that you engage with an SEO expert who is experienced optimising large websites. A mistake can cost your business hundreds of thousands of dollars!
Off-page optimisation (link building)
Off-page optimisation is the process of building quality backlinks to a website - or removing them in the case of an SEO penalty. There are hundreds of different ways backlinks can be built, however, the most important aspect to link building is ensuring they're natural, and from reputable, relevant websites. In April 2012, Google released an algorithm update called Penguin that identified and punished websites that were trying to manipulate the search results by building questionable links. These link building tactics and generally automated and cheap to buy. They can sometimes help increase your rankings, but is a short-term strategy. Eventually, Googles algorithms will identify low quality backlinks pointing to your site, and remove it from the search results.
Legitimate link building is the process of earning high quality links back to your website. The more authoritative and relevant the site linking back, the more SEO value it has. It's important to ask the SEO company you're working with, exactly how they build backlinks. Below are a few example of how our SEO specialists at Search Republic build backlinks for our clients:
- Local citations - links from quality business, or industry relevant directories
- Finding broken links on linking partner sites, or error pages on the client's site
- Backlinks from the clients partners, suppliers or customers
- Unlinked mentions. This is the where the clients business or website is mentioned on a website, but doesn't not link back to the clients site
- Unlinked logos or use of client photos
- Creating and publishing amazing, unique, shareable, quality content on the clients website
These are only a few of the forms of link building activity we undertake. The first step in our linkbuilding process is to assess the situation on a client's site. We evaluate the current backlinks, where the site ranks in the search engines, and the type of backlinks linking to competitors and other top ranking websites. Linkbuilding is believed to account for 60% of what helps a website rank. A website could have the best content in the world, but without quality backlinks, it will never receive any traffic.
Comparing New Zealand SEO providers - How to find the best SEO company
When it comes to choosing an SEO company to start work on your website, it's important you undertake due diligence before hiring them. Visit their website to check their physical location, are their offices based in New Zealand? Navigate through the website - does it look professional? Do they provide detailed information about SEO, their optimisation process and past results? They should. A good SEO company will list testimonials of NZ customers and businesses located in Auckland. Do they have an active blog? Are they SEO thought leaders? Do they write articles that provide useful SEO insights that are relevant to New Zealand businesses, and explain this in basic terms?
Once you confirm they have a good online presence, search for online testimonials or reviews. Although these can be easily purchased from India or developing countries, review each comment to ensure its authenticity. Does a local SEO company based in Auckland have 50 five star reviews, all placed within days of each other? This is suspicious - it's highly unlikely that a local SEO company will have this many reviews, and it's very unlikely reviews will be placed around the same time. If you see this, remove this company from you consideration immediately!
Once you're comfortable a service provider is legitimate, ask to interview them over the phone, Skype or meet in person. If you can, meet at their premises so you can ascertain how big they are, and confirm they're not working from their mother's basement! You're putting the health and reputation of your business in this person's hands. SEO performed poorly (also known as Blackhat SEO), or against search engine terms and conditions, can cause penalties and a significant drop in website traffic. It can take months or even years to recover from bad optimisation. Don't take the risk! When you meet with them, ask the following questions:
Questions to ask a company offering SEO in Auckland:
- How long have you been practicing SEO for?
- Can you name some of your current and past clients?
- Can you explain what Panda and Penguin are?
- Can you walk me through your SEO optimisation process?
- What are the key KPI's of an SEO campaign?
- When can I expect to see results?
- Can you guarantee #1 position for generic terms if we were to choose you as our SEO company?
- How do you build backlinks?
- What are the top 3 things you look at before optimising a website for SEO?
Visiting Auckland to hire a search engine optimisation specialist
If you can’t find an SEO company located in the vicinity of your business, consider looking at an Auckland based SEO company. Due to the size, and concentration of businesses, Auckland has New Zealand's' largest number of SEO agencies. With today’s modern technology, interviews and meetings can be held over Skype or phone, but we highly recommend meeting with agencies in person. Visit their offices and talk with the people who are going to undertake the optimisation.
The Central Auckland Business District is about 30-45 minutes’ drive from the domestic airport - depending on traffic. Either fly in early, or after 9AM to avoid the Auckland traffic. Transport options vary from a bus that terminates in the CBD, rental car companies and taxis. If you're organised, you could meet with three to four different companies around Auckland, and be back in time for a 6PM flight. If you don't feel like driving around, consider booking a meeting room at a shared business centre, and ask each agency to come to you. They're trying to win your business and shouldn't have a problem accommodating your request.
Should you invest in SEO, or focus on other marketing activity?
There is not right or wrong answer here. It really depends on your industry, and your current SEO and marketing situation. You may find it's more cost effective, scalable and profitable to focus your effort and money on paid traffic sources or PR. A good SEO company will tell you this. SEO can be a great strategy; not only for driving leads and sales, but for raising awareness of your brand. This can be achieved through a well-researched and executed content marketing strategy. The key is to assess the market potential, and to understand how much investment is needed to see results. A new website will require more investment and time to see the returns, whereas an aged website with lots of content could see a significant increase in traffic and conversion if optimisation was performed. Consider the following before making a decision:
- How old is your website?- If it's new, more investment is required
- How competitive is your industry? - An industry which is highly competitive will require higher levels of investment
- How much SEO traffic does your site currently receive?- If your site already receives a reasonable amount of organic traffic, website optimisation will probably help increase visit and conversion numbers further
- Do you need results immediately?- SEO takes time. Expect to invest for a minimum of three to six months minimum before seeing results
- Do you have sufficient budgets to invest in SEO?- You pay for what you get. Don't buy cheap SEO services. Only use Whitehat, reputable SEO providers.
About Search Republics SEO services
SEO is one of Search Republic's strengths. With years of experience in the team, we have the expertise to help any website improve their organic rankings. We've have owned and optimised over 3,500 websites, each generating millions in online revenue. We can help any website, regardless of the industry, and improve its search engine rankings.
Contact the team using the form below for a no obligation chat.